QualityPRO Certified Pest Control
Las Vegas – Henderson Nevada
As a Quality Pro company, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality pest control services. Customer satisfaction is our primary goal and our company has been awarded the Quality Pro mark of excellence for continually meeting superior industry standards.
What is QualityPro Certified Pest Control?
QualityPro is an industry program designed to increase professionalism of the industry through self-regulation; stimulate consumer demand through increased confidence and a higher public perception of industry professionalism; create common sense, quality industry standards; and provide marketing opportunities to participating companies by recognizing commitment to excellence and higher performance standards. This is a company, not individual, designation.
Reserved as an exclusive National Pest Management Association member benefit, this corporate program is designed to separate QualityPro companies from the competition and increase the overall professionalism of the industry. As QualityPro members inform consumers about QualityPro, through the marketing tools provided, you will increase your business. In addition, this program will encourage QualityPro companies to hire smartly, train correctly, and upgrade professionalism through the training and education of service technicians and sales personnel.
QualityPro companies are responsible, and committed to providing consumers with the highest possible service. Built around the four key principles of Business Operations, Consumer Relations, Environmental Stewardship, and Technician Training, the QualityPro certification is designed to be feasible and affordable for every company in the pest management industry.
Operators of all sizes from around the country have been involved in the program since its inception, assuring you of the highest quality program.
Why do you need QualityPro?
The pest management industry needs to raise the bar for quality. Consumers are unsure how to choose a pest management professional. QualityPro makes it easier to select companies by more clearly identifying pest management companies that excel.
As a result of these pressures on the industry to stimulate growth in the marketplace, a broad range of industry stakeholders called upon NPMA to organize a program designed to recognize professionalism in the industry. The group asked NPMA to develop a seal of approval for the pest management industry.
NPMA set out to determine the feasibility of a QualityPro program and determine whether this type of program would make a difference to consumers, regulators, and the media. Research included discussions with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, state pesticide officials, and national media. NPMA also conducted focus groups to discover how consumers would view this program.
Research findings were overwhelmingly positive. Most importantly, in the focus groups, consumers replied positively to this type of program. When asked, “Imagine this national organization that we’ve been talking about would offer a Seal of Approval for their members.” Comments included:
- “That [seal] would tell me the company knows what it is doing.”
- “A seal would raise the bar for pest control operators.”
- “It means the company is more qualified and had to meet additional requirements.”
- “The company cares enough about doing a good job that they will go the extra mile.”
The research results provided a validation of the opportunity to influence the attitudes of consumers, the media, and regulators with regard to the pest management industry.
Improving the pest control industry
Over the last five years, NPMA has been focused on meeting the challenges facing our industry. Now NPMA is moving from a reactive mode to a proactive mode. Government affairs is shaping policy, rather than defending it, and the Professional Pest Management Alliance is taking our messages directly to the consumer and controlling our own destiny. QualityPro is the next step in this proactive approach.
To become QualityPro, a company must certify that it:
- Has job applicants fill out an application
- Conducts interviews before hiring
- Checks references
- Conducts criminal background checks
- Conducts motor vehicle records checks
- Has a drug-free workplace policy
- Meets minimum insurance policy requirements
- Meets QualityPro company service vehicle standards
- Has a standard dress policy
- Has an on-the-job safety policy
- Advertises according to QualityPro standards
- Has a termite warranty/service agreement that meets requirements
- Has a customer communications policy
- Ensures employees are tested and trained to the highest industry standards
- Provides an IPM information sheet to consumers
- Practices proper pesticide handling
- Has ensured that technicians and sales employees pass a state administered or QualityPro exam
- Agree to complaint-triggered audits ensuring adherence to QualityPro guidelines
To support the program and QualityPro companies, NPMA will:
- Provide a training manual with sample materials and practice exam questions
- Provide support materials such as sample employment application, affinity programs, a safe driving video, and more
- Create marketing materials for QualityPro companies to give to consumers
- Offer experts to answer questions and explain requirements
- Create an oversight committee to run the program and handle complaints
The QualityPro program is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of QualityPro industry professionals. This Board also acts as a compliance committee to hear appeals or complaints. The compliance process has been designed to ensure confidentiality and to be fair and equitable to all QualityPro companies.