Are Cockroach Infestations Worse in the Summertime?
Here in Las Vegas, cockroaches can be a frustrating household pest all year long. Because we live in a warmer climate, they are a frequent pest for homeowners and business owners alike. However, their population peaks in the summertime as the weather gets warmer than ever. A cockroach problem is the last thing you want to deal with in the summer, which is why it’s important to learn what you can do to keep them out in the first place. The team at Western Exterminator of Las Vegas is here to share expert information on summertime cockroach problems as well as tips to prevent them.
Do Roaches Prefer the Heat?
Cockroaches can survive in a variety of environments and climates. In fact, they’re infamous for their ability to withstand a number of atmospheres! That said, they still prefer warmth and are thus most common in the summertime. In addition to their attraction to the warmth, cockroaches are also drawn to sources of moisture. This is why they are most commonly seen in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and crawl spaces. Because infestations can be so large in the summer, it’s important to know what to do to avoid them.
How to Avoid a Cockroach Infestation
Preventing cockroaches from finding your property attractive is the best way to avoid an infestation. Our top roach prevention tips are:
- Inspecting the perimeter of your home and seal cracks and crevices. Seal windows and doors or install screens.
- Keeping a clean kitchen and bathroom. Wipe or clean up any spills or messes as soon as possible.
- Picking up pet food bowls after mealtimes. Try to avoid leaving food out overnight or for days at a time.
- Securely storing all food in tight-fitting airtight containers, and refrigerating unsealed food.
- Ensuring your garbage cans are sealed with a tight-fitting lid, and routinely take it out when needed.
- Avoiding leaving piles of clutter or junk both inside and outside of your property.
- Promptly fixing any leaky pipes or clogged rain gutters to avoid moisture problems.
How to Deal With a Cockroach Infestation
Cockroach infestations are known for being gross, but they can also be very dangerous. Roaches spread germs and bacteria, and can even trigger allergic reactions in some individuals. DIY cockroach control is never a good idea due to the size of the infestations. Always contact your local cockroach exterminator for help with infestations.
Are Cockroach Infestations Worse in the Summertime? in Las Vegas - Henderson Nevada
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE LAS VEGAS AND HENDERSON AREAS