Fall Rodent Infestation Prevention Tips
Here in Las Vegas, we don’t experience the drastic seasonal changes some parts of the country do. But that’s not to say we don’t experience seasonal pest problems! One of the most common pest infestations in the fall are rodents. Rats and mice alike will get indoors as soon as the temperature begins to dip. Once inside, they can cause a ruckus and spread potentially dangerous germs and disease. Here at Western Exterminator of Las Vegas, we understand how distressing a rodent infestation can be for you and your family. For that reason, we are here to share our top fall rodent infestation prevention tips.
Tips & Tricks to Prevent Rats & Mice
The key to rodent control is prevention. By making your property less attractive to the pests, you can effectively prevent an infestation. Our top tips include:
- Keep your yard trimmed and neat. Any trees or vines close to your home will welcome rats onto your roof.
- Store all food securely. Keep all open food in tight-fitting containers with lids.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Use caulk or wire wool to cover up gaps and openings near pipes and other openings.
- Cover vents. Install mesh screens on your vents. Also consider installing screens on doors and windows.
- Use tight lids on trash cans. Rodents love to rummage in the garbage! If possible, keep your trash cans sealed and stored.
- Cover and protect your eaves. Fix any damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal gaps in your eaves.
How Dangerous are Fall Rodent Problems?
If you’re hearing rustling in the walls or gnawing noises, chances are you may have a rodent problem. For the most part, rats and mice will take shelter in the attic, basement, and garage. They also will infest kitchens, laundry rooms, and are highly likely to invade your trash cans if given the chance. A rat or mouse problem often begins when the rodents get in through your chimney, pipes, air vents, and more. With incisors that never stop growing, their chewing habits can be destructive. They also are known carriers of germs and bacteria that can cause disease. For this reason alone, it’s crucial to learn how to keep rodents away for good.
Rodent Prevention in the Fall Months
A rat or mouse infestation is bad news all around. As soon as you notice the signs of rodents in your property, or if you want to implement exclusion tactics, contact the rodent exterminators at Western Exterminator of Las Vegas.
Fall Rodent Infestation Prevention Tips in Las Vegas - Henderson Nevada
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE LAS VEGAS AND HENDERSON AREAS