Mosquito Home Repellents
Mosquitoes transmit diseases from human to human or animal to another. Viruses or minute parasites trigger these diseases. When a mosquito bites infected humans or animals, the mosquito acquires the virus and then passes it along to another human or animal by biting them. It is imperative to control mosquitoes to avert diseases such as the Zika Virus, Dengue Fever, Malaria, West Nile Virus, Dog Heartworm disease, and Chikungunya virus. Several of these diseases have serious consequences. Try these mosquito home remedies along with contacting a professional pest control team to ensure the health and safety of the whole family.
Homemade Mosquito Repellents
- Coffee grounds – Sprinkling coffee grounds over stagnant water around the home will deprive the mosquito eggs of oxygen, which should kill them before they are even hatched.
- Lemon & Eucalyptus oils – Blending lemon and eucalyptus oils together create excellent mosquito home repellents. After mixing both oils in equal parts, it can then be applied to exposed skin.
- Lavender oil – Lavender oil keeps mosquitoes away as efficiently as any chemical can. Mosquitoes cannot tolerate the lavender scent. It can be used around the home as mosquito home remedies, and also applied directly to the exposed areas of the body.
- Mint – Growing mint shrubs in the garden can help keep mosquitoes away.
- Tea tree oil – An effective oil for many purposes to include repelling mosquitoes. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties ward off infections. Applying this oil on the face and other exposed parts of your body also wards off these pests.
Mosquito Prevention Habits
Hang and use mosquito netting over the family beds at nighttime to avoid contact with mosquitoes while sleeping. Close windows and doors to reduce the chance of mosquitoes gaining entry to the home. Use screens if windows need to be open. If these mosquito home remedies aren’t working, don’t take chances call a professional pest control team to make mosquito season safer for the entire family.
NEED HELP WITH MOSQUITO CONTROL?
Call us at (702) 385-1269
or click the button, and we’ll call you back in minutes!
Trusted Mosquito Extermination & Control Since 1996 – Western Exterminator
SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE A Western Exterminator of Las Vegas CUSTOMER!
Mosquito Home Remedies in Las Vegas - Henderson Nevada
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE LAS VEGAS AND HENDERSON AREAS