Summer Travel Tips: Hotel Room Bed Bug Inspections
Summer’s here and the vacation you’ve been planning for months is quickly approaching. Even though the last thing you want to worry about while traveling is pests, the truth is you should always be cautious of bed bugs. Even worse, infestations are known to start after bringing the tiny bugs home in your suitcase after a getaway. To avoid having these uninvited guests accompany you back to your Las Vegas residence after a trip, read on to learn Western Exterminator of Las Vegas’ best tips for making sure your travels are bed bug-free!
Inspecting Your Hotel Room for Bed Bugs
The best way to avoid encountering bed bugs on a vacation is by being proactive about checking for them! Before you even book your hotel, it’s important to research your options and pay attention to any customer reviews that mention bed bug problems. Even a hotel or bed-and-breakfast could have bed bugs, which is why it’s crucial to always inspect your room upon your arrival. Some of the things to check for include:
- Pull back the bed sheets, and look between the mattress and box spring for any signs of eggs, feces, or skin that has been shed.
- When you look at the surface of the mattress, you might find tiny specks of blood, where the bugs have bitten previous guests.
- In addition to the mattress, make sure to check in any cracks on a bed frame or headboard, as well as on any other pieces of furniture in the room.
- If you find what you believe to be evidence of bed bugs, it’s essential to let the hotel staff know and to request a room change!
- Even in a room that is bed-bug free, it’s smart to keep your things out of the reach of bed bugs by using suitcase racks or keep your luggage on top of dressers or other furniture.
Preventing Bed Bug Infestations After Traveling
Just as important as checking your hotel room for bed bugs is making sure you didn’t bring them home with you at the end of a trip! There are several precautions to take to ensure you don’t unknowingly invite these pesky bugs into your residence:
- Before you bring your suitcase inside, it’s recommended to quickly check your suitcase or even shake it out.
- Wash and dry all of your clothing in hot water after your trip, even if it was never worn.
- Thoroughly vacuum or steam clean your suitcase before you store it. Pay careful attention to the lining and any pockets where the bugs could be hiding.
Professional Bed Bug Treatment
Unfortunately, there are some occasions when you still get bed bugs despite taking all the precautions to avoid them while traveling. The best thing you can do if you notice bed bugs in your suitcase or in your home is to immediately call a professional pest control company. Bed bug infestations can spread without you noticing, which is why it’s essential to enlist an expert who can thoroughly inspect and treat your home. If your Las Vegas home has been exposed to bed bugs, call the professionals at Western Exterminator of Las Vegas today!
Summer Travel Tips: Hotel Room Bed Bug Inspections in Las Vegas - Henderson Nevada
SERVING CUSTOMERS IN THE LAS VEGAS AND HENDERSON AREAS